Monday, October 03, 2005

I Am Amazed

At the risk of sounding like the proud Mom, I must say that I just read my children's blogs and stand amazed in the presence of something that seems to have magically happened. I am not very knowledgeable about writing, but it seems that having a diet of good literature placed before you, a few (no, several) writing programs thrust upon you, some acquaintances who have quite a gift for writing, and the proper outlet, these children can relate their thoughts, feelings, and sometimes peculiar senses of humor (corny?) rather better than I had supposed. When did it happen? While I was grading papers, filling out forms, planning lessons? Perhaps while I was on my knees asking God to help me accomplish this task He called us to? God is good. I pray these gifts will be used for good, while I stand amazed...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Bruce said...

Isn't it wonderful? Don't you wish you'd known it would turn out so well way-back-when, so you could have relaxed a little?

Pretty fabulous kids you've got there. Be nice to them, or I'll come get them.

;-)))))))

6:25 PM  
Blogger Life is better in the South said...

Yes, it would have been nicer to have known ahead of time that it would be okay. Hindsight... Not that I'm any comparison to Moses, but I guess he felt that way as he "stepped out on faith" into a desert with Xmillion people. Does this mean I can relax a little? I feel chains slipping off of my ankles...

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home