Thursday, December 15, 2005

7 things...

7 things to do before I die:

  • Know the Bible much better than I do
  • Practice ,on a regular basis, what I learn
  • Tour Europe
  • See my kids grown, happily married, well adjusted, with lots of children
  • Read all the wonderful literature my children are enjoying
  • Live in Italy, where they roll up the sidewalks for lunch and enjoy 5 hour dinners, eating whatever I want
  • Grow to be unconcerned about what other people think or do
  • Become "computer-literate"(I put this because I lost #7 while typing-oh, there it is)

7 Things I Can't Do:

  • A handspring
  • A cartwheel
  • A thirty-minute meal
  • Be the calm, patient, loving, encouraging , prepared teacher/Mom that I would like to
  • Control my tongue
  • Jump out of a perfectly good airplane or off of a bridge with a bungee cord attached to any body part
  • Stay awake during a televised football game(unless it's the Iron Bowl)

7 things that attracted me to my husband:

  • He was "man "enough to introduce himself to me when we met
  • He didn't let me "run over him"
  • He had great manners! (Until we married)
  • He wore khakis and bucks (nobody I ever dated before wore this ensemble)
  • He was comfortable in any crowd-I didn't have to "babysit" him
  • He was respectful to my father
  • He was not possessive

7 things I say most often:

  • "Good morning"
  • "Good night"
  • "I have to check my schedule"
  • "I love you"
  • "Whitney, we're waiting on you"
  • "Have you done your bathroom chore?"
  • "Hi, honey, you're home!"

7 Books I Like:

  • The Bible
  • Hind's Feet on High Places
  • Charlotte Mason's Original Series (I'm so surprised!)
  • Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
  • Beverly Lewis' books about the Amish (really simple, but very interesting)
  • Flylady's pink book(or any self-improvement book)
  • Jay Adams' Counseling book

Movies I could watch over and over:

  • Pride and Prejudice
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Oklahoma
  • The Quiet Man
  • The Parent Trap (old version)
  • Katherine Hepburn movies
  • Doris Day movies

I'm not active enough to know who to tag...my husband, and he can post on one of his children's blogs,using the name Big P. This was fun!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really do need to read some of the books we three have read. They are simply amazing!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you posted your sevens.

I particularly liked three of the seven you listed for things that attracted you to Big P: "didn't let me 'run over him'", "didn't have to 'babysit' him", and "not possessive." I don't think I knew how to word those thoughts...but I'm looking for those qualities, too. :-)

And, I love Hind's Feet on High Places.

Hope to see you before the holidays are over!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Life is better in the South said...

I'd like to reread Hind's Feet.

You know what I liked about this "exercise"? I kept thinking of more things I liked about Big P after it was over. That being the case, I think I should never want to make a list of things I don't like...

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home