Saturday, December 24, 2005

Yikes ! I've been tagged!

During this blog game of 7 tag, I have been given the oppurtunity to join the blog world. Henceforth, I shall give it that good old college try!

7 things to do before I die:

  • try to be a better practicing Christian, both in studying the word and in putting it into practice ( however, as a son of Adam, I am continually falling short...)
  • help my wife and children discover and use their Godly gifts
  • see my children marry and start families of their own
  • enjoy time with my wife visiting the grandchildren, spoiling them and sending them home with their parents
  • help my family travel to the places they want to see
  • be more consistent in my exercise and managing my finances
  • be a better friend to those that have been a good friend to me

7 things I can't do:

  • work indoors all day, every day
  • all ways know just the right thing to say in any situation
  • watch Andy Griffith shows,when Opey is about 4 or 5 and his Pa thinks he's done something bad when he has actually done a good deed , without tearing up a little
  • read some of the blogs and comments without laughing
  • get tired of watching "The Quiet Man"
  • go back as a young, single man and do a small part in the defense of our great country
  • give enough thanks to our founding fathers for their God-given foresight and intuition in setting up the framework for our country and wonder if modern day liberals understand that this framework is what gives them thier right to their opinions but also protects mine

7 things that attracted me to my wife:

  • Her physical beauty
  • Her quiet confidence and composure the first time we met
  • Her willingness to enjoy life
  • Her "artsy side" that offset my practical side
  • Her Auburn background
  • Her attitude that she could make her own way but not in a women's libber way
  • Her inner beauty that came out during our courtship

7 things I say most often:

  • " Good-bye, see ya this evening..." ( with a morning kiss and hug)
  • " Tea, I guess..."
  • " Graham, have you fed and put up the dog..."
  • " Savanna, have you checked your oil lately..."
  • " Whitney, why aren't you in bed..."
  • "Amen"
  • "what's for dinner?"

7 books I like:

  • the 4 Lonesome Dove books
  • any Lewis and Clark book
  • any Loius LaMour book
  • Life and Campaigns of Lieut. Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson ( thank you Robert Green)
  • Never Give In, the Extraordinary Character of Winston Churchhill
  • Carry a Big Stick, the Uncommon Heroism of Theodore Roosevelt
  • any Lewis Grizzard book (thanks to my sister-in-law Jane)

7 movies I could watch over and again:

  • Lonesome Dove
  • The Quiet Man
  • Open Range
  • Zorro with Antonio Banderas
  • Giant
  • Robin Hood with Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman
  • Dances with Wolves

and now I shall end this post without a tag....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh! Not Lewis and Clark!

Yes, I've checked my oil lately.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Life is better in the South said...

I agree with eugene...LEWIS AND CLARK?Ew...

No, I'm not always in bed on time, sorry.

Can we go to Italy, New York, and some other places like that?

Merry CHRISTmas!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

I used to watch Robin Hood all the time. I had forgotten Morgan Freeman was in that...

I see that you read a lot of history...any particular war or era? Or, will you read almost anything to do with history? I picked up a book on Hitler's Guard and a book on Gen. Patton a couple of weeks ago. Haven't really looked at them yet, though...

Hope you are doing well...I will be praying for Vestavia's meeting this weekend.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Big P said...

I mostly enjoy westerns, historical fiction based around real events, and biographies...thanks for asking

4:13 AM  
Blogger Nomos said...

I'm actually reading the first Lonesome Dove book now. Just finished part I, actually...

And Louis L'Amour is always a great read.

P.S. Thanks for extending your hospitality to us after Nathan's game!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home