Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Culminations

Culminate: to reach its highest point; reach a climax; result (in). May is a month for culminations. Instrument and dance lessons culminating in recitals, choral groups in concerts, sports teams in playoffs, club activities in awards banquets, and school lessons in finals, projects and sometimes graduations.
I usually see May as a time of stress, but I think I should change my attitude and try to look on it as a season of culmination. This year, we've reached the highest point of high school with our first daughter. We never achieved that magical, effortless sailing through lessons and life that I imagined we would when we began to school at home, and there are so many things I wanted to accomplish that we didn't. ( I think a lady wrote a book about this maternal feeling called something like "Just One More Thing Before You Go...") However, we did learn lots about our academic subjects, extracurricular activities, people, ourselves and life. As this season of life comes to a culmination, I hope that it results in a desire to live life according to His will, in spite of the lack of smooth sailing, and that rough waters can be looked at as a necessary discipline.
We all look forward to our friends and family joining us in a celebration of this culmination! There will be a reception at our home after TypeA's graduation. ( Lots of "shuns" in those sentences. ) Love to you all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are looking forward to celebrating some serious culminations!!!!!!!!!!! woohoo!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Life is better in the South said...

well, personally I like being busy...

8:32 PM  
Blogger Gracie said...

me too...right now it's way too boring. I want Summer to get here!!

Oh, and congrats to Savanna!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home